“Oh man,” you guys are probably thinking, “Here she comes again with a list of impossible resolutions again.”
WELL, you guys are CORRECT
My failing rate is so high IT’S AN ARTFORM
Now, before we look at the new set of resolutions, let’s go back to some of my 2016 resolutions (to see how bad I failed)
- Read 40 Books and 300 Manga/Comics
- Save money to go to Japan
- Lose Weight (5 – 10 lbs)
- Finish a draft for novel idea done by Bro & I (possibly a mini-comic and random merchandise)
1. No I did not read this much! I actually only read 15 novels and 105 manga. I expected to fail the novel challenge since I never complete it (ever) but the manga one I could have done. I’m rather disappointed in myself
2. Saved money?! What is that?! Fun fact: when I have too much money in my possession I like to spend it and I spend it FAST
3. HA. I actually did lose some weight but then I gained it back. I think the hardest part of losing weight is keeping the weight LOST. I swear, I have no idea how my mom does it every year OTL
4. Writing…the one thing I do and don’t do. No I didn’t get that draft done BUT I did get back into creative writing, which means that draft isn’t impossible anymore! (I was in a slump for so long orz)
But it’s time to put that behind us because it’s a New Year! And a new year means New Resolutions!
- Read 60 novels and 300 manga/comic books (yes, this is me punishing myself for reading 100 less in 2016 LOL)
- Find a blogging schedule that works and do it consistently
- Create some variety in my posts
- Try to do a few more book posts and reviews on older anime
- Posts that are not just reviews but actual analysis, passion, or just randomness to spice things up (hehehe)
- Get accepted into at least 1 art gallery/showing
- Create a huge landscape piece for my mom and 2 portrait pieces I’ve been thinking about for a few months now
- Find a job that I like (I can’t believe it but this is probably the hardest out of all of these)
- Become healthier
- Get my bachelor’s (I’m waaaaaaaayyyy overdue LOL)
I want to especially focus on #2 early in the year so that I can make a routine for myself. I feel like I’m always trying new things and just failing. I know I can bust out 2-3 posts in one day if I wanted to but then there’s the issue of wanting to publish everything that same day. I’m starting to open up to the use of scheduled posts so perhaps that will help in this new goal!
I swear I don’t bite…much 😉
In terms of my personal life, I’d like to focus more on my art and getting myself out there. I feel like the older I get, the more people tell me I’m wasting my time and I’d like to prove them wrong. I know I can do it, but I also know I need to be dedicated, which is surprisingly hard.
I also think that by focusing on my art I’ll be able to achieve goal #6!
I also ended up leaving goal #7 vague on purpose. I didn’t want to write “lose weight” again because being healthy isn’t just about losing some weight. Yes, I really need to lose some weight but I also know that exercise and going to the gym isn’t me. So I plan to start small (aka my diet)
I got really sick on the 31st and woke up worse on the 1st all because I wanted to eat some red velvet cheesecake. Know what this means? I am LEGIT afraid to eat cheesecake again (and I absolutely LOVE cheesecake). I usually get sick if I eat a lot of junk (especially when I go to conventions) but this time it got bad enough where I got a fever and ended up dehydrated and just stuck in bed all day (I’m still semi-sick now). That hasn’t happened to me in YEARS, since I was a kid.
So it’s safe to say I’ll be more careful with what I eat. Plus, I’ll be crying later this week as my mom is taking me to this lady who is going to fix me up and use fire on my belly (just thinking about it makes me want to cry T_T)
I also want to start doing little things like taking walks once the weather is better, using the stairs instead of the elevator, drinking more water, and just being healthier.
Have you guys looked back to your past resolutions? How good or bad was it? Have you planned on new resolutions? Anything blogging specific?