Hey guys, just wanted to let you all in on some Naka-kon news~
Recently, OGZ told me that the 2016 schedule was out and I went ahead to check it out. I was both surprised and disappointed with what I found. Why was I disappointed? Well, like I mentioned before, the actual convention starts pretty late, at 4pm. And then there were the panels. There’s not much happening and when there is I’m forced to pick which two of really good sounding events I want to attend! Like, why couldn’t one of them be scheduled in those blanks where nothing is happening?!
So yes, I’m in a serious dilemma! There seems to be a lot of art/drawing/make a manga panels, which I’m totally pumped for and alongside all this are cosplay panels that I really wanted to go to as well…
But here’s a breakdown of where I’ll probably be at, not including when I’ll be eating or visiting the Dealer’s Hall/Artists Alley
- 9:00AM (or earlier): I arrive on convention grounds!!
- 10:00AM: Go pick up badges
- 4:00PM: How to create manga with Yoh Asakura OR Applying acting into Cosplay
- 5:00PM: Opening Ceremonies
- 6:00PM: Micah Off Mic (Micah Solusod)
- 7:00PM: Akira Fukaya Workshop 1 (Manga)
- 8:00PM: Reviewing anime – A different perspective OR Should I cosplay that with Pros and Cons Cosplay
- 9:00PM: Anatomy for the Artist with Amelle Belcher
- 11:00PM: Super Happy Yaoi Funtime
The Super Happy Yaoi Funtime event is 2 hours long!! That’s the longest yaoi related panel I’ve ever gone too, I’m so pumped! On Friday we’ll also be going to walk around the Dealer’s Hall, which is open from 4PM to 8PM. Probably not going to buy much since we reserve the money until at least Saturday, haha
- 10:00AM: So you want to build a cosplay with Momo Hime OR Funimation Favorites
- 11:30AM: Mamoru Yokota Drawing Discussion Panel
- 3:30PM: Funimation Industry Panel
- 6:30PM: Digital Painting with Amelie Belcher
As you can see, there’s not much happening on Saturday for us in terms of panels so we might be at the dealer’s hall for a while. I’ll also try to take some pictures on this day the most.
- 10:00AM: Lolita Fashion Show
- 11:30AM: The Life of an Artist with Karen Strassman OR How Japan Enchants the West with Roland Kelts
- 4:00PM: Swap Meet
And that is all I have, there may be other events I’ll be attending, or at least hoping to. There are a few I just added because I was curious but not really wanting to attend as well as others I might only be in for a short time. In terms of guests, I’m not really worried about getting autographs since I don’t really know any of the guests. I mean, I know Micah and Greg but I’ve already met them before/gotten their autographs.
Also, I know I mentioned there was a possibility I would be cosplaying (I know I said this somewhere…), however, it turns out I won’t be. Maybe next time :”D
Oh, and there’s another event I’m going to which I won’t be disclosing now. You’ll all see in a later post, most likely after the convention 😉